Aluminium sulphate is a chemical compound with the formula Al2(SO4)3 . It is soluble in water and is mainly used as a flocculating agent in the purification of drinking water and wastewater treatment plants and in paper manufacturing.
- Water purification
- Mordant in dyeing and printing textiles
- Reduce the pH of garden soil, as hydrolyzes to form the aluminum hydroxide precipitate and a dilute sulfuric acid solution
- Water proofing agent in the construction industry
- Accelerator in concrete
- Foaming agent in firefighting foam.
- Styptic pencils, and pain relief from stings and bites.
- Dentistry (especially in gingival retraction cords) because of its astringent and hemostatic properties