KEL Rock Phosphate MSDS
- Product Name Calcium fluoride phosphate
- Molecular Formula Ca5 (PO4)3F
- General Name Natural Grinded Calcium Phosphate
- Chemical Family Inorganic Phosphate
- HAZARDOUS COMPONENT CAS NUMBER % (TYPICAL) TLV (UNITS) PEL (UNITS)
- Quartz 14808-60-7 Proprietary 0.1 mg/m3*
- PEL Permissible Exposure Limit established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- TLV Threshold Limit Value recommended by the American conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists.
It is used as Fertilizer.
Primary Routes of Exposure and Target Organs : Inhalation, eye and skin contact, ingestion
- Inhaled The same minor irritation as inhaling dust. Remove to fresh air.
- Eye Irritating eye the same as common dust. Use eye drop suitable for dust.
- Skin No data available. Wash skin with water.
- Swallowed Will not cause any harm. Rinse mouth out with water.
- Chronic No data available
Fire and Explosion Data
- Flash Point (Â°F) : Does not apply
- Flammable Limits in Air (% by volume) :
Lower - Not determined
- Extinguishing Media : Suitable for surrounding fire
- Auto Ignition Temperature : Not determined
- Unusual Fire and Explosion Hazards : Under fire conditions phosphate rock will not support
- Special Fire Fighting Procedures : Phosphate rock is not
combustible. Use extinguishing agent: as appropriate for
materials in surrounding fire.
- Reactivity Data
Unstable Stable Conditions : To Avoid - Does not apply Incompatibility (Materials To Avoid) : None determined Hazardous Decomposition Products : Thermal decomposition will evolve oxides of phosphorous and calcium. Hazardous Polymerization may Occur : Will Not occur Conditions to Avoid : Does not apply
- Personal Protection Information
There is no personal protection needed.
- Special Precautions
Precautions to be taken in handling & storing. Store in dry area. Avoid dispersing material into air.